my friend my love
It began as all fires do,
a spark soon ignited into a blaze of warmth and colourful delight.
You held my hand, became my friend,
earned my trust and my future once again looked bright.
Loneliness turned to hope,
emptiness filled up with dreams.
Hunger was satisfied,
and the darkness lit by love's moonbeams.
Tears no longer hit the ground,
they fall on your loving shoulder.
I feel younger,
as our love grows older.
When sorrow leaves me wilted as a sun-parched rose,
your comfort is a river that flows and flows.
The sun's light, the morning dew,
they are all the beauty that is you.
When passion ebbs,
as tides do,
love fills the wake,
and carries us through.
Your strength is as the oak,
but if it is my need you bend like the willow.
My heart is filled,
like a lucky sail with wind to billow.
Harsh cold winters,
wet springs, blissful summer heat, and the fall of time,
They'll weather my spirit,
with grace and peace, your hand in mine.
Our love's sweet creations, joyous children,
blessed am I thanks to God and you.
What greater beauty could shed light,
on the love that came from two.
Love's sweet reflection,
laughing, growing, thriving, learning.
Words cannot express what my heart feels,
how strong my love is burning.
When God took one home,
I felt my heart would never again see the sun.
But you, my love, walked with me, through the sadness,
and together we share the memories that keep our family one.
The lines of age will etch their mark on us
and time will take the strength from our bodies.
But love's brush will paint for us a picture of such beauty,
That a hundred lifetimes could not remove their glory.
destiny tatum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (my friend my love by destiny tatum )
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
- A game of Love, Sir Toby
- As I would like to grow old (to my Mother), Gianfranco Aurilio
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns