I wrote this poem the day of my grandfather's death and read it out at his funeral.
So many things I never got to say
I never guessed you'd be so far away
In my heart you'll always be,
You'll be my guide and help me see
You were always there
To show you did care
You were just like a dad to me
The BEST dad there could be!
I love you so
More than I let you know!
I know things are though right now
But we'll pull through somehow
R.I.P no longer in pain
I love you with every ounce of blood
That runs through each vein
That's why the tears come like a flood!
Sorry I did not stay
To watch you pass away
I had some hope
That through the night you would cope
As the hours and minutes passed
You slipped from us so fast
Now we have to let you rest
Although without you our lives are a mess!
Gone yet not forgotten
Although we are apart,
Your spirit lives within mine
You will forever be in my heart.
R.I.P the BEST GRANDAD EVER! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (my grandad by Natalie Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shadows Leading Me, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fairness!, Clarence Prince
- At Her Feet, Naveed Akram
- Enjoying Interior Sensations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Know everything at least, gajanan mishra
- Lost Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Abortion (cry of a foetus), ramesh rai
- Feel me, I am here, gajanan mishra
- Let me start afresh, gajanan mishra
- selfie, ko the skipper