I wrote this poem the day of my grandfather's death and read it out at his funeral.
So many things I never got to say
I never guessed you'd be so far away
In my heart you'll always be,
You'll be my guide and help me see
You were always there
To show you did care
You were just like a dad to me
The BEST dad there could be!
I love you so
More than I let you know!
I know things are though right now
But we'll pull through somehow
R.I.P no longer in pain
I love you with every ounce of blood
That runs through each vein
That's why the tears come like a flood!
Sorry I did not stay
To watch you pass away
I had some hope
That through the night you would cope
As the hours and minutes passed
You slipped from us so fast
Now we have to let you rest
Although without you our lives are a mess!
Gone yet not forgotten
Although we are apart,
Your spirit lives within mine
You will forever be in my heart.
R.I.P the BEST GRANDAD EVER! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (my grandad by Natalie Taylor )
- Dressed in russet monochromes, Mark Heathcote
- Thankful For You KP, Michael McParland
- My Baby She's Flying, Little Eagle McGowan
- Change with quality, hasmukh amathalal
- Alone, Emily Krauss
- Hope, Emily Krauss
- Behavior speaks, hasmukh amathalal
- Holding The Sunlight, Emily Krauss
- Good but naughty, hasmukh amathalal
- Cool Storms, Emily Krauss
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)