I wrote this poem the day of my grandfather's death and read it out at his funeral.
So many things I never got to say
I never guessed you'd be so far away
In my heart you'll always be,
You'll be my guide and help me see
You were always there
To show you did care
You were just like a dad to me
The BEST dad there could be!
I love you so
More than I let you know!
I know things are though right now
But we'll pull through somehow
R.I.P no longer in pain
I love you with every ounce of blood
That runs through each vein
That's why the tears come like a flood!
Sorry I did not stay
To watch you pass away
I had some hope
That through the night you would cope
As the hours and minutes passed
You slipped from us so fast
Now we have to let you rest
Although without you our lives are a mess!
Gone yet not forgotten
Although we are apart,
Your spirit lives within mine
You will forever be in my heart.
R.I.P the BEST GRANDAD EVER! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (my grandad by Natalie Taylor )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- I Am Nobody......, Michael P. McParland
- Who to forgive., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Next To Me, Michael P. McParland
- Uski yaade, Thakur Jain
- Hurting, Jamila M.K.Hussen
- Little girl, Amal Ahmed
- Weeping Heart, Michael P. McParland
- The Bluff-masters As Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God was born, devon da poet
- Her Name, TheSilent Loudness