MY HAIR - A FRAME FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL FLOWER
You want to put a red flower in the loneliness of my hair.
But my hair isn’t long enough
To become a frame for your beautiful flower.
Your hand has to wait, your fingers need to sigh
In the hesitant air.
To change my hair
Into a frame for your beautiful flower
Your fingers should pick the shadows of the moon,
Your lips should forget their love spells
Into the sweet depth of a silver spoon.
And I should swallow
Those drops of mysterious love spells
At dawn, in the crystal of Light
When miracles sing in the heart of bells,
When day light comes again in sight.
One day the heaven of your touch will put in my hair
The red drop of flower, with love -
As Time puts the flowers of seconds in a Running Hour,
As God paints in white a dove.
Let’s wait for another day to come,
Let me sleep in the warmth of your days.
Neither you nor I
Can make Time mend its pace.
Olimpia Sarb's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY HAIR - A FRAME FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL FLOWER by Olimpia Sarb )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- World Leprosy Week, john tiong chunghoo
- Catch 22 on the Lake District hills., Dan Reynolds
- My Words, Fatima Nusairat
- Jesus And Gandhi: South And North Of Sam.., Saiom Shriver
- I Remember, Ronald Chapman
- The Flash Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Chick Coalition, Saiom Shriver
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan