(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
My Heart Speaks...
How could you not know I
loved you? For it was always
in my eyes, in every touch and
in every polite embrace we've ever
had. It was in all the hello's and
all the goodbye's I'v ever spoken,
Could you not hear the pounding
of my heart and see the soaring
of my spirit? How could you not
know I love you? I have asked
that question a thousand times.
If you are ever to love me, it must
be now, For it is nearly the end
of my time, when the shadow of
the trees grow long and then...
and then appears no more.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Heart Speaks... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Know, Lyn Paul
- Those Who Know, Monk E. Biz
- peaches on the side, Mandolyn ...
- i could have made s'mores, Mandolyn ...
- Song: State of Fear, Dave SmithWhite
- there's an element in the room, Mandolyn ...
- Goodbye 2014, Michael McParland
- Holding Moments In Cupped Hands, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Beauty, Brianna Kimball
- Seminars, Mark Heathcote