My Husband, My Lover, My Forever
The light envelops your body
in a blanket of playful shadows
illuminated by the flickering
dance of the candles' glow.
We make our own music,
no need for the radio.
You're my husband, my lover, my forever.
I hold you as close as the
clouds hold the night air.
My heart knows this love is a love
we will always share.
Your kiss is as gentle as
mist on the soft petals of a rose.
When you hold me,
my whole essence flows.
If my time with you could last
for eternity, that wouldn't be
long enough for you to be with me.
Your love touches the depth of my soul.
My Husband, My Lover, My Forever.
Sandra Finch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Husband, My Lover, My Forever by Sandra Finch )
- My nature is to write, gajanan mishra
- Two Rings, Shannon Paterson
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)