My Husband, My Lover, My Forever
The light envelops your body
in a blanket of playful shadows
illuminated by the flickering
dance of the candles' glow.
We make our own music,
no need for the radio.
You're my husband, my lover, my forever.
I hold you as close as the
clouds hold the night air.
My heart knows this love is a love
we will always share.
Your kiss is as gentle as
mist on the soft petals of a rose.
When you hold me,
my whole essence flows.
If my time with you could last
for eternity, that wouldn't be
long enough for you to be with me.
Your love touches the depth of my soul.
My Husband, My Lover, My Forever.
Sandra Finch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Husband, My Lover, My Forever by Sandra Finch )
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
- It's the One in the Suit Who's Firing th.., David Clinch
- मानो गाबदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Birthday Woman, David Clinch
- A Warning from History, David Clinch
- blood around the cuticle of us, Mandolyn ...
- She Has The Will To Succeed, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fall Festival, stephanie mellisa kievaughan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Family I love, Kristina Riggs
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)