Pot Of Gold
I followed the rainbow
To find it's pot of gold.
What I found was better
I found you to hold.
I wanted gold and silver
Cause I was a greedy man.
I was sent what I needed
Now I'm the richest in the land.
You're my pot of gold
At the rainbows end.
You're better than the riches
I asked God to send.
God sent me true love
Instead of silver or gold,
I received something better
I got you to hold.
I wouldn't trade your love
For riches or for fame.
Since I found your love
I'll never be the same.
Sandra Finch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pot Of Gold by Sandra Finch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 July 1875 – 22 February 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- what the black cat said to the misty flu.., cristobal Benjumea
- Cold, Mike Acker
- Silence is not peace, ramesh rai
- Honey its your last chance, cristobal Benjumea
- Related, gajanan mishra
- Best day, Diplove gautam
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes