My Light doesn't always shine brightly,
Like a candle in a tempest it flickers.
Akin to an inferno My Light can burn me,
But it chooses to cauterize my wounds instead.
As the darkness appears to meld to my flesh,
My Light show me that the darkness and I are seperate.
When I wind through the darkness of my mind attempting to escape,
My Light keeps the shadows at bay.
Like the sun itself My Light is always there,
Guiding me from becoming lost.
Should anything threaten My Light's like,
I shall defend it with my life.
For My Light means everything to me,
Without Her I would die.
Brandon Doore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Light by Brandon Doore )
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Stop your Sobbing (haiku), Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- Beauty in Nature and Human Creativity, Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- bruised squeezed sweet fruit, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)