My Light doesn't always shine brightly,
Like a candle in a tempest it flickers.
Akin to an inferno My Light can burn me,
But it chooses to cauterize my wounds instead.
As the darkness appears to meld to my flesh,
My Light show me that the darkness and I are seperate.
When I wind through the darkness of my mind attempting to escape,
My Light keeps the shadows at bay.
Like the sun itself My Light is always there,
Guiding me from becoming lost.
Should anything threaten My Light's like,
I shall defend it with my life.
For My Light means everything to me,
Without Her I would die.
Brandon Doore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Light by Brandon Doore )
- Some poets are there, gajanan mishra
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)