Francis William Bourdillon
The night has a thousand eyes,
And the day but one;
Yet the light of the bright world dies
With the dying sun.
The mind has a thousand eyes,
And the heart but one;
Yet the light of a whole life dies,
When love is done.
Francis William Bourdillon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night by Francis William Bourdillon )
- On His Metaphysics, Naveed Khalid
- Pining Daily, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mandrake, Naveed Khalid
- Breathing Easier Now, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Surge, the Night Unseen: There Is a Dawn, Aeronius D. McCoy
- A Tree, Tony Adah
- Waiting, Khairul Ahsan
- Kohinoor, Naveed Khalid
- Beehive, Naveed Khalid
- Write, Pradip Chattopadhyay