Lord John Wilmot
My Light Thou Art
My light thou art, without thy glorious sight
My eyes are darkened with eternal night;
My Love, thou art my way, my life, my light.
Thou art my way, I wander if thou fly;
Thou art my light, if hid, how blind am I!
Thou art my life, if thou withdraw'st I die.
Thou art my life; if thou but turn away,
My life's a thousand deaths. Thou art my way;
Without thee, Love, I travel not, but stray.
Lord John Wilmot's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Light Thou Art by Lord John Wilmot )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Today Is Today, Margaret Moran
- Inclusiveness of Religions-A Ramzan Thou.., Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Nicely salty..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Born Country, Maverick Jones
- Jhoom Jhoom Aa Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- NO MORE, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Dil Mera Wo Le Gaya, Upendra Singh
- Foolish Pride, Barry Jablonski
- SUPERMOONS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Behind mount sinai | Write Out Loud, oskar hansen