Kiera R Lewis
Today I thought of you.
I thought of the things you used to do.
I thought of the way your smile shined.
It was as bright as the sun and as beautiful as a flower.
Your smile shone above those beautiful white clouds of teeth.
I thought of all the good times we shared.
The way we laughed together,
I thought of when we hugged each other.
So close, so safe,
so warm, so together.
You smelled of fresh roses
that just bloomed in the summer.
Your body so warm,
like a fireplace in the winter.
Your skin so soft,
like a smooth waterfall.
Today I thought of you.
I thought of the way your heart walked out on me.
I thought of the way
you said goodbye to me.
The beautiful day
turned into a gloomy night.
My poor, weak heart
broke with fright.
I thought of how
my eyes started crying.
Now you know
that I am reading this poem and sighing.
It felt like we were in a race,
You, me, and love
running at the same pace.
Now it feels like I have lost the race,
because you and love
are moving at a quicker pace.
Today I thought of you,
And I thought of me.
I thought of how it would feel
to have you back,
here with me.
Everyday I wait
for the beautiful white dove
to fly from up above
and bring back
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Love by Kiera R Lewis )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Dream Variations, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Love My Child, Ronald Strickland
- Exciting Inner Wildness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lost love, JAMAL BOULAJOUL
- Universe Of Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pictures And Portraits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lost Dream, Tony Adah
- Our Street., michael walker
- Dreams Of This Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Captured By Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remembering Beauty Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak