My Love Lost
I lost my Love today,
The pain is unbearable.
I was told I was terrible,
So now she’s moving on.
I’m lost in this world,
Like a shipwrecked soul.
On an isle in the sea,
I beg and pray,
For another miracle.
But I don’t believe that’s going to be.
Her mind is set, to my regret,
She’ll find a Man that’s better.
I’m sure she can but I pray and pray,
That my Lord above won’t let her.
It may sound selfish, for one to make that wish,
But my Mind and Soul are dying,
My Heart can’t function like this.
So I sit alone every day and night,
Trying to think of things to do,
No matter what I do, or see or hear,
My Heart still belongs to You.
There no other pain,
Than being put aside
From someone you Love so True,
So I just sit and wait and wait,
What else am I to do!
© Oscar Robles
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Love Lost by Oscar Robles )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- The Freedom I Seek, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Stages of life, gajanan mishra
- Remmbering Guernica, John F. McCullagh
- Value, Carolyn Blackmon
- Tagore Song (#9) My freedom exist in da.., Tushar Ray
- What is Courage, Lewis Antonuk
- Full Attention, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Acknowledge What Love has to do with US, michael walkerjohn
- That Thing, Luo Zhihai
- The Polar Star, Tushar Ray