My Morning Prayer
Good morning daylight, sunlight.
Good morning to the rays of new light with hope and trust of a new day.
Good morning to the beams that glows with love and gently warms my heart.
Good morning to the glory that strengthens my belief in myself and enforces my power.
Good morning to hopes and dreams, the reasons that bind men from individuals. Good morning to the next struggle that I shall make a success to be a wealthy man of happiness. Good morning to the gentle eye that kisses me and says be strong. Good morning to my birth place that let rivers burst forth my greatness. Good morning to the people of my humble abode where our name stands strong.
Good morning to the vibrant streets of prosperity and the history of the land. Good morning to my young sons and their eyes filled with knowledge and grow to be leaders. Good morning to Africa that sees what I see, but a special good morning to the man on the street that has not seen the good morning I have.
Melvyn Mohan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Morning Prayer by Melvyn Mohan )
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)