L C Vieira
My Nose Awakes First
My nose awakes first -
Or is it my tongue
Already tasting coffee?
I give you my best
'Please make mine first, ' kiss.
It smells like summer
In this sweaty cave,
Between my breasts,
Asters dripping reminders
The propped cabin window.
Something heavy hangs in the air.
The north is hot this year. Tropical -
No breeze of colder stays.
I turn to nestle the grapefruit scent
My tossed nightie freshly washed
After its week of muskeg odors.
Sex and onions
Sewn together with stories
Of all these
Other forest smells.
You bring me coffee
And shared memories.
I lift my hand to take both
And feel instead,
A writer's welcome breeze.
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Nose Awakes First by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- God's Fiefdom, Keith Johnson
- Personal Trainer, Keith Johnson
- COPLA 66 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Thank You Mama, Beautylight Kerubo
- THE BEGINING OFLOVE, victoria suzyo phiri
- Fat with the Promise of Lean Streaks, Keith Johnson
- Desistance Hunting, Keith Johnson
- Dubious Gifts, Keith Johnson
- Coffee with Martin and Peter, Keith Johnson
- The Poetry Round, Keith Johnson