L C Vieira
My Nose Awakes First
My nose awakes first -
Or is it my tongue
Already tasting coffee?
I give you my best
'Please make mine first, ' kiss.
It smells like summer
In this sweaty cave,
Between my breasts,
Asters dripping reminders
The propped cabin window.
Something heavy hangs in the air.
The north is hot this year. Tropical -
No breeze of colder stays.
I turn to nestle the grapefruit scent
My tossed nightie freshly washed
After its week of muskeg odors.
Sex and onions
Sewn together with stories
Of all these
Other forest smells.
You bring me coffee
And shared memories.
I lift my hand to take both
And feel instead,
A writer's welcome breeze.
L C Vieira's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Nose Awakes First by L C Vieira )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- My Perception Of Love., richard harris
- Poetry of Motion, Jack Growden
- GAZA غزة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- whats the point?, binod bastola
- If You Should Read This Poem, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- My Mother, Tony Adah
- Mutability, Naveed Khalid
- May Evening: Portrush East Strand, bryan wallace