Miles afar I travelled
Searching for the precious
But the one I found is you
My heart a safe I keep it,
My soul its guard.
Having you in there,
Is a beautiful feelings ever arouse in me.
My priceless treasure and a world
Your ardent hands on me
Crystallize my soul,
And make make me feel like a baby.
When you smile,
My heart sparkles:
Like a hanged diamond.
You mean more than a lady to me
You are my side bone.
You mean more than a love to me
You are my heart beat.
You are precious to my heart,
It loves you.
You are precious to my soul,
It cares for you.
You are precious to my mind,
Its always with you.
Am in a mystery
But one thing I know:
I keep loving you everyday and night.
Kayode Lagbayi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Precious by Kayode Lagbayi )
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)