In This Life
In this life
You have to strive for what you want
Nothing is easy,
Even a common death
What worries man's mind;
Is not what he has but what he wants.
What he wants is not a treat,
But how to get it.
Think for a major
And say no to minor
For what you think all days
Is what you are.
Never major in minor
A minor is dangerous.
I am not what I am,
When I see where I am.
What I want to be
Does nothing with where I am.
Oh my gosh!
Oh my goodness!
I can be there!
I know I will be there!
I am almost there.
I have to keep moving;
No stopping, no waiting.
And by your grace, Oh Lord.
I will be there.
Kayode Lagbayi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In This Life by Kayode Lagbayi )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)