'My Secret Place'
“My Secret Place”
A beautiful voice awakened me from my dream,
“Hey! Hey you! You’re the one in my dream! ”
You look confused, bewildered, and maybe even frightened,
My words, taken you by surprise.
I give you my hand. An offering of friendship-
Please, I plead… I’m not one to be feared,
I’m not one to be forgotten, thrown away.
The need I have is not lost within your eyes,
And you sense the connection right away.
You take my hand and allow me to lead you into my dream…
My Secret Place.
Your eyes sparkle at the magic that awaits you.
And You laugh, as I pop the wine cork-
“You’re crazy, ” you say.
Me? I look bewildered, and ask why?
“Because, I dreamed of you… the other day,
and you told me you’d take me to your secret place…”
“Well, what do you think? ” I wave my hand before you, leading the way…
And you give me such a warm, inviting smile,
“It’s not a secret anymore, you dork! ”
I laugh, and give you my most bemusing smile-
“Ah, your right, it’s Our Secret now.”
Glasses raised and a silent toast shared
with a clink.
Beautiful girl, beautiful place-
Amazing wine, and we drink.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My Secret Place' by Kelly Seale )
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
- Things of crumbs, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Lighthouse, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Manhattan Kindergarten, Saiom Shriver
- inks run out, lee fones
- Oh! Divinity, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Άνεμος, Angelos Ioannou
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns