Loretta Doyle Smalley
I wrote this poem for my older sister Wendi. I worte it this year for her for Mother's Day. I love you sis! !
As I think about it more and more each day, it comes clearer to me.
What I feel in my heart is no lie.
It is all real.
Back in the day we didn't get along that well.
Most of the time we did nothing but fight.
Day after day there were sheded tears and sometimes sheded blood.
I know that you never meant to hurt me.
I never meant to hurt you.
Everything got crazy right quick as I got in high school.
No matter what I did you were right there.
You took me in under your wing and loved me.
We had our share of pain.
I have and always will look up to you as a second mother.
I am sorry for everything that I have done that caused you pain.
Thanks for being my bestfriend.
I would never ask God for another sister.
No one can or will ever take the sister bond that we have.
Thank you for the two beautiful Angels that you brought in to this world.
I never regret God letting me be the luckiest lil sister in the world, by having you as a big sister.
You are and forever will be my hero, my sister, my bestfriend, and my mom.
I love you! ! Happy Mother's Day! !
Lovealways your lil sis,
Loretta 'Boo' (That's my sister's nickname for me. She has always called me that every since we were little.)
Loretta Doyle Smalley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Sister by Loretta Doyle Smalley )
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
- Dead Stone, ramesh rai
- Our Lives, Sandra Feldman
- All Mine, For Me, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To Someone Special On PoemHunter, Electric Lady
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Night Has A Thousand Eyes, Francis William Bourdillon
- Cleanliness and Happiness, chandra thiagarajan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Ono no Komachi
(c. 825—c. 900))
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)