Every night, I stared out my window.
I stared, and I stared.
I found a star one time.
I liked that star. It made me smile
My star came out to see me every night,
and I met it and prayed.
I sat, and I hoped for a better life.
My star will grant my wish one day.
Perhaps the dullest of the dull,
this star was my favorite.
This star helped me get my life together-
peice by peice and bit by bit.
This star can't hurt me, a star can't lie.
Our friendship is one that can never die.
I love my star, and now everyone knows why.
This is my star. It's mine, all mine.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Star by Violet Thorn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Deciding They Will Run, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Cutting Edges Plaguing, Terence G. Craddock
- Curse, MAD DEW
- Nature's Glory, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- A SECRET, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Life Image Distortions, Terence G. Craddock
- From Chibok With Love, Adeosun Olamide
- Happy Teacher's Day,2014, India, Dr John Celes
- Established To Accept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I Feel So Stupid, Lawrence S. Pertillar