My Translated Poem!
A man approached me in the street,
As if he knew me well,
Then he shook hands as if to greet,
Though why I couldn't tell...
He said he knew something I wrote,
Translated long ago
And then he stopped to clear his throat,
Reciting to and fro...
His gestures reinforcing thoughts
I barely recognised,
I stood amazed and out-of-sorts,
Like I was hypnotised...
He smiled as if from ear-to-ear,
All fired-up, enthused,
With me engulfed by all his cheer,
While standing quite bemused...
And all at once, reciting done,
The title was revealed,
It proved to be my favourite one,
The thoughts that most appealed...
Herein Is Beauty it was called,
Herein my heart was kept...
And while he looked at me enthralled,
With joy, I stood and wept...
Denis Martindale, copyright, September 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Translated Poem! by Denis Martindale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- television, smriti chhibber