'My true love'
Your eyes.. sparkle blue.. like the vast open waters..
Your lips soft as newly sewn silk..
Your kiss deadly enough to kill a man.. But precious enough to revive them.
Lost in you gaze.. Everything else fades.
Or heart beats sync as if one.
The sun behind you cast a golden light around your figure.
Looks as if Im standing in front of a god.
I shed one tear of knowing we are together.
Wrapping your arms around me.. in effort to bring me comfort.
Looking up to see your loving smile.
I go silent.Cheeks turning a light crimson.. in sight of this precious being.
Knowing your here brings me enough happiness to last a lifetime.
Your pain causes me to feel numb.
trying my best to take the blame.
Trying to share your pain.. taking in from you.
Without you.. there is no me..
In time of your death.. will result in many to follow.
One by one the world will crumble.
Dying because of me..
Trying to follow all my hopes and dreams..
To follow true love..
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('My true love' by Wolfie Scott )
- Drivers lessons, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I love you, Harold R Hunt Sr
- love, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Under the stairs., Harold R Hunt Sr
- On my shoulder, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Out of the mouth of babies., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Chand Khoya He Badlo Mein, Hwa Khamoshi .., Yashvardhan Goel
- Later Tonight, Michael McParland
- summer, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Down by the river., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)