MY TWIN BROTHER JOHN
MY TWIN BROTHER JOHN
In shape and size and even color of eyes,
We were so alike one another,
I was frequently mistaken for John,
Who was my twin brother!
When I cried my brother got fed;
And when we both laughed,
Our mother scratched her head!
When we began, to go to school,
Things started getting even worse;
For whenever John forgot his
I was invariably taken to task!
Finally when we both grew up,
And decided we should marry;
It became difficult for me to find
And I really became sorry!
For whenever I proposed to any girl,
Feeling rather lovelorn,
Invariably I found her the following
On the lap of my brother John!
To resolve this issue amicably,
We finally married the same girl;
Though at times she looked confused,
Wondering to whom she should turn!
And the day our son was born,
Our wife became a proud mother;
But don't you try to confuse me,
By asking who was the real father!
Now with time I have begun to age,
And planning to draft my will;
To settle things and clarify doubts,
With time remaning still!
A golden chain I have now worn,
So let all my friends be forewarned!
Should suddenly one day I feel feverish,
And decide to call it a day;
Please don't bury John mistakenly, or let
any doubt come your way!
- Raj Nandy
11 Mar 08
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MY TWIN BROTHER JOHN by RAJ NANDY )
- Your works can't stand up, Brian Kilpatrick
- neverending, Steven Federle
- WHO IS HE?, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ동대문오피녀 ⓑ선릉오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 동대문오피 KTwiz 선릉오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM.., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- L.Messi 오피뷰 강서오피 KTwiz 부산오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- VALUE OF LIFE, Ali Faisal
- iPhone6+ 오피뷰 ⓐ강서오피녀 ⓑ부산오피 대란∠OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM∠, sibngnu11 sibngnu11
- for a friend who had gone cold one summer, RIC S. BASTASA
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
Poem of the Day
- Ur Turn Now?, Najma Mire
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)