My wars with?
I am at war,
I am at war with myself
to defeat the enemies
and make a true me.
My wars may be small,
They may start at the dawn at times and
sometimes they may grieve me at nights, too.
Cautious I must be
‘cause they may strike me any second;
It may start for a great cause, or
the cause may be insignificant, too.
Even in my prayers
They can come and disturb as stray thoughts
Some times, they may question me and
at sometimes they may answer with controversies
They may tempt me to raise the sword
for and against the devils in me,
they may confuse and may guide me in my struggles,
Am I the only one to fight these wars,
Or, is there any one with me in the field of battle?
SAKTHI RAVICHANDRAN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My wars with? by SAKTHI RAVICHANDRAN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Children of the Night, Maverick Jones
- PESSIMISM VERSUS OPTIMISM التشاؤم ضد الت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 7, john chizoba vincent
- The tin box, Sagarika Julka
- Strong Woman, Lilly Emery
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 6, john chizoba vincent
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 5, john chizoba vincent