My Wish To Be Prime Minister
I worked so hard
Had big dreams as a kid
I worked so hard
Everything was going to plan
Until a day struck like no other
I was put under such hardship
Until I tried again, really hard
Until I was put under more hardship - on another more terrible day.
My dreams were held back so much that I am ageing everyday waiting.
I expected to reach my dream as a young man.
Yet I was late.
So late, it is still like the beginning of my journey.
What do I have to show for it.
Finished teenage hood.
I became wiser every day in my conquest.
Maybe god wants me to be wise instead of reach my dream.
I tried everything to reach my dream.
I will keep trying.
But when is it possible.
I don’t want to be an old man before I reach that dream.
Never know what it feels like.
Someone teach me what it is like to reach your dream.
You never know what life holds.
It could be good.
It could be bad.
But you will always grow wiser in your conquest.
I never know what tomorrow might bring.
Yet I know I will be ready to fight for my dream.
Moses Samandar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Wish To Be Prime Minister by Moses Samandar )
- Out There, Fatima Nusairat
- Immortal world, gajanan mishra
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
- How Juice From Fruit Is Produced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Once Indifference Is Shown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- empty without you, Liss March
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns