My Wish To Be Prime Minister
I worked so hard
Had big dreams as a kid
I worked so hard
Everything was going to plan
Until a day struck like no other
I was put under such hardship
Until I tried again, really hard
Until I was put under more hardship - on another more terrible day.
My dreams were held back so much that I am ageing everyday waiting.
I expected to reach my dream as a young man.
Yet I was late.
So late, it is still like the beginning of my journey.
What do I have to show for it.
Finished teenage hood.
I became wiser every day in my conquest.
Maybe god wants me to be wise instead of reach my dream.
I tried everything to reach my dream.
I will keep trying.
But when is it possible.
I don’t want to be an old man before I reach that dream.
Never know what it feels like.
Someone teach me what it is like to reach your dream.
You never know what life holds.
It could be good.
It could be bad.
But you will always grow wiser in your conquest.
I never know what tomorrow might bring.
Yet I know I will be ready to fight for my dream.
Moses Samandar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Wish To Be Prime Minister by Moses Samandar )
- CV, Mae AC.
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
- Seasonings of Sense, Mae AC.
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)