I went away from you one day
My shoulders trembling, my legs shaking.
I cried and cried and cried.
The ocean put a barrier between us.
My pain made the ocean deeper, my tears brewed it saltier…
I went away from you, my dear ones,
... I left, keeping my head back …
And as I drag my heavily packed suitcase
Through the corridors of this huge airport,
I scarily think as of who will take care
Of my poor memories
That painfully were scarred by time.
I came at the land of the sun, at the land of the snow,
At the place of the dreams of the fervent immigrants.
And alas, I'm naked!
My memories remained beyond the ocean.
Like a baby I will slowly pace.
But my footsteps will be felt above and beyond.
I will bring you happy memories,
You then, will ease your sadness.
And I ... I will finally dry up my tears ...
Besa Dede's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Naked by Besa Dede )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai