I went away from you one day
My shoulders trembling, my legs shaking.
I cried and cried and cried.
The ocean put a barrier between us.
My pain made the ocean deeper, my tears brewed it saltier…
I went away from you, my dear ones,
... I left, keeping my head back …
And as I drag my heavily packed suitcase
Through the corridors of this huge airport,
I scarily think as of who will take care
Of my poor memories
That painfully were scarred by time.
I came at the land of the sun, at the land of the snow,
At the place of the dreams of the fervent immigrants.
And alas, I'm naked!
My memories remained beyond the ocean.
Like a baby I will slowly pace.
But my footsteps will be felt above and beyond.
I will bring you happy memories,
You then, will ease your sadness.
And I ... I will finally dry up my tears ...
Besa Dede's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Naked by Besa Dede )
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
- Thoughtful Succour, michael walkerjohn
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)