Nasrudin, Donkey, and wild animals
O, all day
is making all this din
in his home
beating drums and his pots and pans
Hee-haw – haw! haw! haw!
And his Donkey too
master and Donkey
making all this noise
O Nasrudin, why
do you make this din and noise -
you and your Donkey
all day long?
O, says Nasrudin,
Donkey and I are
trying to frighten away
all tigers and wild animals
to keep away from our town
But Nasrudin – there’s isn’t a single tiger
or a wild animal
a thousand miles
round our town!
See! says Nasrudin
Our method works!
Raj Arumugam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nasrudin, Donkey, and wild animals by Raj Arumugam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Noemer bepaald, Madrason writer
- Wind was high, Aloke Mukherjee
- A Few Pieces Of Paper, Kyle Schlicher
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran