The phenomena’s of nature
are nurtured like a mother.
She never favors one over
another. Although her rose-child
may be her comeliest flower
she bestowed on sister sibling
blooms the sweetest scented perfumes.
Her spiders all weave their webs with
fine, sticky, silken filaments’
She gives potential prey a way
avoiding it with fitting wings
and legs. Then there are we who set
ourselves apart from her, only
to be reminded otherwise.
Albert Ahearn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nature by Albert Ahearn )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan