She loves to tread the solitudes,
The forests and the trackless woods,
Where nature, undisturbed by man,
Pursues her voluntary plan.
Where nature's chemistry distills
The fountains and the laughing birds,
She loves to quaff her sparkling wine,
And breathe the fragrance of the pine.
She loves to dash the crystal dews
From floral shapes of varied hues,
And interweave the modest white
Of plants in spurred garlands bright.
She loves to lie within the shade,
On grassy couch, by nature made,
And listen to the warbling notes
From her fair songsters' feathered throats.
And freed from artificial wants,
She loves to dwell in nature's haunts,
And by the mountain's crystal lake
A rustic habitation make.
She loves to scale the mountain height
And watch the eagle in his flight,
Or gaze upon the azure sea
Of aerial immensity.
She loves the busy marts of trade,
She loves the things which men have made,
Though man has charms, none such as these,
In her the child of nature sees.
Rey Sanidad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nature's Child... by Rey Sanidad )
- Where's Sugarspit?, the guy in charge
- The End, D.A. Woods
- Sad Sorrows, Frank Weedings
- Understand My Horse, Naveed Akram
- At That Time, Luis Estable
- A Poem and Four Films, the guy in charge
- Short Never, Luis Estable
- Deep Monster, Naveed Akram
- Allow This, Luis Estable
- A better life حياة افضل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)