It was a glorious spring day.
At the beach with friends watching the day slip away.
Two lovers caught in a summer haze.
The bikes lay in the sand.
I was a boy on his way to becoming a man-
Standing at the edge of the surf - no man's land.
The sun behind me, i heard someone running.
Saw your shadow behind me coming.
Split second choice - I stayed put standing.
You knocked me into the.waves.
You were laughing. You thought it was great.
I swore to myself I'd never tell you that it was faked.
You needled me all day,
- it was a higlight to you-
How I got knocked over by you.
All I could think was, if you only knew.
Now those days are long gone.
And after the storms abated I found myself alone.
Me and those many things that you will never know.
joses tirtabudi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Know by joses tirtabudi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Be childless., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- दंङ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...