It was a glorious spring day.
At the beach with friends watching the day slip away.
Two lovers caught in a summer haze.
The bikes lay in the sand.
I was a boy on his way to becoming a man-
Standing at the edge of the surf - no man's land.
The sun behind me, i heard someone running.
Saw your shadow behind me coming.
Split second choice - I stayed put standing.
You knocked me into the.waves.
You were laughing. You thought it was great.
I swore to myself I'd never tell you that it was faked.
You needled me all day,
- it was a higlight to you-
How I got knocked over by you.
All I could think was, if you only knew.
Now those days are long gone.
And after the storms abated I found myself alone.
Me and those many things that you will never know.
joses tirtabudi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Never Know by joses tirtabudi )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Go from me love, Nero CaroZiv
- Jayanta Mahapatra As A Poet of Hunger, Bijay Kant Dubey
- MERE MEET SUNO MERE GEET SUNO, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Feed Your Fantacies, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Beach Sand, Raymond A. Foss
- He Is Producing One Child After Another .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Beach Glass, Raymond A. Foss
- eitihasik bhoolein, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Naat (Jo dilon ko fatha kar le wuhi fata.., Akhtar Jawad
- Ode to a Mood, David Podlipny