Rev. Rebecca Guile Hudson (January 31st / Hollywood, CA)
New Mexico Welcome
to this Land of Enchantment state of mind?
Well, welcome home,
weary traveler, welcome home!
Here’s to feeling strange and wonderful –
Here’s to feeling bewildered and happy –
Here’s to feeling unlike you’ve ever felt before
Welcome home, welcome home, welcome home!
& here’s to nothing but beauty
Welcome home, I say, welcome home!
& here’s to surrounded by nature
Welcome home, yes, again, welcome home!
For New Mexico is my most
the one I have sought all my life
And now that YOU’RE here,
you’ll understand in a heartbeat -
(2006, Taos Valley, New Mexico)
Poet Other Poems
- A Gathering Of Tumbleweeds
- A Heads-Up From On High
- A Visit to El Santuario de Chimayo
- Arguing With An Echo
- Armed and Dangerous (A Valentine's Poem)
- At Play In A Garden of Words (The Proble...
- Autumn in New Mexico
- Autumn Return
- Better Living Thru Chemistry?
- Better Living Thru Chemistry? 2
- Better Living Thru Chemistry? 3
- Cat Dance
- Caught in the Net
- Depressed, With Halo
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.