Dewy eyed, dawn, twittering songsters
Eagerly awaiting the golden streaks
To lighten up the world
For the early worm to catch.
In a tiny nest, the she bird’s pride-
Geared for her first flight,
With mounting excitement.
Wings gathering balance
Circled in the air
With swan like grace.
Under the watchful eyes
Of the adoring pair.
The he bird singing hymns
Heralding the sun, flew mirthfully
Cheering the little one, inspiring her to fly
Higher and higher, to race with the wind.
Oblivious to the sorrowful joy colonizing
The mother-mind tenderly visualizing
The young one in a nest of her own
Chosen by her beloved for a new life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Nest by LathaPrem Sakhya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai