Dewy eyed, dawn, twittering songsters
Eagerly awaiting the golden streaks
To lighten up the world
For the early worm to catch.
In a tiny nest, the she bird’s pride-
Geared for her first flight,
With mounting excitement.
Wings gathering balance
Circled in the air
With swan like grace.
Under the watchful eyes
Of the adoring pair.
The he bird singing hymns
Heralding the sun, flew mirthfully
Cheering the little one, inspiring her to fly
Higher and higher, to race with the wind.
Oblivious to the sorrowful joy colonizing
The mother-mind tenderly visualizing
The young one in a nest of her own
Chosen by her beloved for a new life.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (New Nest by LathaPrem Sakhya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Creative Interests, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Villanelle: No curse worse than the plac.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sense Of Fulfillment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- here workin' for hugs on Christmas eve, Bull Hawking
- Poetry of the Stars, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- The Song of Krishna, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- My Christmas Wishes, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- What a Concept is this Love, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Sri Ramakrishna (1836 - 1886), Tushar Ray
- Love Is, Kristen Brown