Glen Martin Fitch
So am I still you friend if
- if I poke your eye?
A toddler's bold experiment,
without mean intent.
What if I grab or share?
I bite or stroke?
Am I your friend
if I go spread
a lie about you?
High school trials:
who's in? who's out?
What actions, words
or guilt or doubt?
What is trust?
Respect? and why.
Am I your friend
if I move in your house?
I drink your booze?
Or steal the cash you earn?
Or punch your face?
(I guess I didn't learn)
Or start a rumor?
If I bed your spouse?
The game is still the same,
but if you're wise
you'll sense the pain
as consequences rise.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NEXT LEVEL by Glen Martin Fitch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
- Dover Beach, Matthew Arnold
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The You in my dream, RAJ VIKRAM
- Old Age, Leong Ming Loong
- Waiting for the Starlight Express, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Fifth Day of Christmas, Mark Hamilton
- No man's land., RAJ VIKRAM
- Kissing, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman