Glen Martin Fitch
So am I still you friend if
- if I poke your eye?
A toddler's bold experiment,
without mean intent.
What if I grab or share?
I bite or stroke?
Am I your friend
if I go spread
a lie about you?
High school trials:
who's in? who's out?
What actions, words
or guilt or doubt?
What is trust?
Respect? and why.
Am I your friend
if I move in your house?
I drink your booze?
Or steal the cash you earn?
Or punch your face?
(I guess I didn't learn)
Or start a rumor?
If I bed your spouse?
The game is still the same,
but if you're wise
you'll sense the pain
as consequences rise.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NEXT LEVEL by Glen Martin Fitch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Men, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Gravestone Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Casted Caught And Casted, Susan Lacovara
- Quiet White, Susan Lacovara
- A Synthetic Poet in the Webs., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Lemons, Maylee Bossy
- Rhino, Jonathan Walker
- The devil Is For Real, Phyllis Strong
- Creative Souls, Anthony Daniels
- Awaken My Heart, Anthony Daniels
- Joyful Heart, Anthony Daniels