Night is a time that people say demons like to play.
If you like the night all so,
Does that Dem you a demon too.
I love the night cause its peaceful and calm,
Some people hate it cause the monsters will come.
Other people have no right to Dem you,
Of what you find true.
So what if you like the night,
And they don't.
That doesn't give them the right call you a demon to.
The stars in the sky and the moon so bright,
Alas, they only become clear at night.
Its not just the ugly that can be demons at night,
For the most wonderful of things can have there tricks to hide.
So before you Dem us demons of the night.
Remember this fair warning that,
Beauty can be found at night,
And demons can rome in the light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night by Shelby Hopple )
- Your Face, Eleonor Santiago
- You are, Ronnie Rox
- Could Been Girl That Died Today, Adeosun Olamide
- Wrestling Through Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wildworld, Denis Martindale
- A Father's Miscarriage, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Howling From Tomorrow, Steven Rhoads
- Manhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hero Needed, Barbara Dixion
- The Good Spirit, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns