Night is a time that people say demons like to play.
If you like the night all so,
Does that Dem you a demon too.
I love the night cause its peaceful and calm,
Some people hate it cause the monsters will come.
Other people have no right to Dem you,
Of what you find true.
So what if you like the night,
And they don't.
That doesn't give them the right call you a demon to.
The stars in the sky and the moon so bright,
Alas, they only become clear at night.
Its not just the ugly that can be demons at night,
For the most wonderful of things can have there tricks to hide.
So before you Dem us demons of the night.
Remember this fair warning that,
Beauty can be found at night,
And demons can rome in the light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night by Shelby Hopple )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Loneliness Is An Option, Michael P. McParland
- Little Sexy Princess, Michael P. McParland
- You Are As It Is, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Yore Inn, Kim Barney
- Life Is Worth Living, Michael P. McParland
- Lay Down With Me, Michael P. McParland
- University, Birat Anupam
- Later Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- It's Your Fault, Hank, Kim Barney
- No Dime, olaitan mahmud