Night is a time that people say demons like to play.
If you like the night all so,
Does that Dem you a demon too.
I love the night cause its peaceful and calm,
Some people hate it cause the monsters will come.
Other people have no right to Dem you,
Of what you find true.
So what if you like the night,
And they don't.
That doesn't give them the right call you a demon to.
The stars in the sky and the moon so bright,
Alas, they only become clear at night.
Its not just the ugly that can be demons at night,
For the most wonderful of things can have there tricks to hide.
So before you Dem us demons of the night.
Remember this fair warning that,
Beauty can be found at night,
And demons can rome in the light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night by Shelby Hopple )
- A Rich Man's World, Fareez Nasir
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #4, Brian Johnston
- Dandelion Dreams, Richard D. Remler
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)