Night Poems - Poems For Night
Poems about night. You can read the best night poems. Browse through all night poems.
Night - Poem by William Blake
The sun descending in the west,
The evening star does shine;
The birds are silent in their nest,
And I must seek for mine.
The moon, like a flower,
In heaven's high bower,
With silent delight
Sits and smiles on the night.
Farewell, green fields and happy groves,
Where flocks have took delight.
Where lambs have nibbled, silent moves
The feet of angels bright;
Unseen they pour blessing,
And joy without ceasing,
On each bud and blossom,
And each sleeping bosom.
They look in every thoughtless nest,
Where birds are covered warm;
They visit caves of every beast,
To keep them all from harm.
If they see any weeping
That should have been sleeping,
They pour sleep on their head,
And sit down by their bed.
When wolves and tigers howl for prey,
They pitying stand and weep;
Seeking to drive their thirst away,
And keep them from the sheep.
But if they rush dreadful,
The angels, most heedful,
Receive each mild spirit,
New worlds to inherit.
And there the lion's ruddy eyes
Shall flow with tears of gold,
And pitying the tender cries,
And walking round the fold,
Saying, 'Wrath, by His meekness,
And, by His health, sickness
Is driven away
From our immortal day.
'And now beside thee, bleating lamb,
I can lie down and sleep;
Or think on Him who bore thy name,
Graze after thee and weep.
For, washed in life's river,
My bright mane for ever
Shall shine like the gold
As I guard o'er the fold.'
Comments about Night by William Blake
Poems About Night
- 1. Night , William Blake
- 2. Silent, Silent Night , William Blake
- 3. By Night When Others Soundly Slept , Anne Bradstreet
- 4. Day And Night , Rupert Brooke
- 5. Meeting At Night , Robert Browning
- 6. A Winter Night , Robert Burns
- 7. Good Night! Which Put The Candle Out? , Emily Dickinson
- 8. All Souls' Night , William Butler Yeats
- 9. That The Night Come , William Butler Yeats
- 10. Gwine To Run All Night, Or De Camptown R.. , Stephen C. Foster
- 11. My Old Kentucky Home, Good Night! , Stephen C. Foster
- 12. Voices Of The Night , Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- 13. Night. To Lucasta , Richard Lovelace
- 14. The Night Cometh , John McCrae
- 15. Lxvi The Heart Of The Night , Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- 16. To Night , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 17. Night Journey, The , Rupert Brooke
- 18. As One Who Having Wandered All Night Long , Robert Louis Stevenson
- 19. Of Him I Love Day And Night , Walt Whitman
- 20. On The Beach At Night , Walt Whitman
- 21. On The Beach At Night, Alone , Walt Whitman
- 22. Night On The Prairies , Walt Whitman
- 23. A Good Night , Francis Quarles
- 24. Cotter's Saturday Night, The , Robert Burns
- 25. The Night - Wind , Emily Jane Brontë
- 26. Monday Night May 11th 1846 / Domestic .. , Anne Brontë
- 27. Night , Anne Brontë
- 28. Quiet Night Thoughts , Li Po
- 29. Thoughts In A Tranquil Night , Li Po
- 30. Spring Night In Lo-Yang Hearing A Flute , Li Po
New Night Poems
- Ode To City Lights And New-York City, Ceyhun Cetin
- If You Cut A Tree; You Cut Your Own Moth.., Nikhil Parekh
- You Die; I Die - Love Poems - Part 5, Nikhil Parekh
- The Night Of The Stars Is The Night Of R.., Raymond Sawyer
- 'The Dark Soul Of The Night' Oh Night Oh.., Ovi Odiete
- Monoku-100 (To A Dazed ), SRIRANJI ARATISANKAR
- At Night, William Greco
- Our Very First Wedding Night, Nikhil Parekh
- The Night The Angel Of Respect Raise To .., Raymond Sawyer
- The Night One Feel The Touch Of Respect., Raymond Sawyer
- carpe diem