Far above my head
a twinkling entity
slips from place
in a timeless, limitless
ocean of cosmos.
A long faint streak is drawn
swiftly across blackboard
and swiftly wiped.
In pitch-dark moonless sky
trillions and trillions
glowing matchstick heads
in an unseen maze of webs
They roll without murmur
they roll so slowly
fails to capture the motion.
The drama goes on and on and on
in a village night.
My megapolis, alas! swallows
entire enchanting cosmos in it's nightly glory
in blazing neon lights, dust and fumes.
the entire nocturnal heavenly treasure
in its womb
like a blackhole.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Night Sky by Rajendra Nagdev )
- Smear campaign, gajanan mishra
- Kelvingrove Memories, B.. Alexander
- LoTus (translation), Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- LYRICAL VISIT TO VUYELWA MALULEKE, alexander opicho
- Football match, gajanan mishra
- NATURE, WHAT ARE YOU?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- My Little Cup, James Merchant
- WHAT IF NONE ELSE LISTENS TO ME?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Go not please, gajanan mishra
- LoTus, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)