Round and round
Up and down
Yet nothing here again will sound.
How can you not look at me
And wonder what it is I see?
I see a lamb.
A little lamb.
A lioness prowls cross the land.
And yet the lamb just walks on still,
A chunk of juicy meat to kill.
I scream and shout for it to run,
Yet nothing more.
Nothing is done.
The lamb is gone
Just red stains left
I think now I shall go off to bed.
What point is there for me to sleep,
Just going round
and up and down.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
But I'll keep going. Not because I want to- no because of spite. It's pretty much the only thing keeping me going nowadays. I don't have hope of the future; I hold hope that what I do with my life will be enough to make them regret what they've told me. What they're telling me.
Comments about this poem (No Cares by Kaila Webb )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (acrostic poem), Marvin Brato Sr
- The Taking, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Killing Frost, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Inscrutable Twist, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Cordyceps, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- South, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Columbus Park, Anne Pierson Wiese