A single word sustained me
When all seemed lost and dark
When slings and arrows
Had found their precious mark.
I knew it all was coming
The prophecy so clear
‘Messiah bleeds and
Dies in shame
To bring redemption near.’
And friends had missed my struggle
In anguished prayer and dread.
They slept while Satan
To doubt life from the dead.
But Father you had promised
Much joy at your right hand
And death’s corruption
Foiled in this
The rescue we had planned.
I knew it at the darkest
Your Word would live in me
And soon an empty
Eternal life for free.
PSALM 16: 10. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thy Holy One to see corruption.
Doug Blair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Corruption by Doug Blair )
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
- child full of love, Miss. Tanease Berry
- ACTUAL SIZE, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(18 November 1939)