No Not Everything In Life Does Go To Plan
No not every thing in life does go to plan
And to other women many lose their man
And we hear of marriage breakups every day
But nothing lasts for forever so they say.
Some women they have lost their men to war
And others through accident like motor car
And others through cancer or heart disease
And through many other ways as well as these.
With three Primary school going children Jane the fisherman's widowed wife
Know all about the harder side of life
Her story is as sad as sad can be
Her husband taken from her by the sea.
And though the remains of his two mates in the sunken boat were found
The frogmen searched the waters all around
Without finding the body of her Dave
He lay forever in his watery grave.
In life we have our good days and our bad
And at their marriage end some feel quite glad
And others feel as sad as sad can be
Like Jane who lost her husband to the sea.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Not Everything In Life Does Go To Plan by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Oh Dear, Phil Soar
- The Scultpure, Justin Reamer
- A Pirate's Tale, Phil Soar
- Why does it rain?, Hardik Vaidya
- The Hair(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Compensation, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- love has a look and it looks a lot like us, Mandolyn ...
- The Cock(Haiku), Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Finishing Line, Naveed Akram
- Alankar(Decor) -197, Indira Renganathan