No One Complains... Mar 21st,2014
We are so politically correct that no one complains,
Despite political and Supreme Court decisions that pains,
And media moguls never mention the problems to be solved,
If they delay and wait long enough the problems will disappear and dissolve.
We seem to be a country that’s very easily led,
By invisible appointed aristocrats - some with swollen heads,
As though it is a mortal sin to even think about change,
Insite clinic, drug addicts, free needles where nothing is strange.
Now that they get free needles, could they eventually get free drugs?
Will medically assisted death get even more empty shrugs?
Why are binding referendums and propositions never allowed?
By our Ottawa appointees or political party crowd?
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No One Complains... Mar 21st,2014 by James Bredin )
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
Poem of the Day
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(9 February 1944 -)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)