Nobody Told Me Of These Nights; The Girl That Got Away (A Poem For Melanie)
Never knew the moon light had a light switch
Never knew it could start cool quite like this
When conversations last the night
And the first thought when I wake
Is to hope to see your text
All our messages were saved
Wasn't ashamed to admit it
All up in my book
Like a feeling more then poetry or words could
Describe.... Hold up, is this poetry or rhythm?
That your creating with heart in tune?
Is this just another way to show how my life evolved after you?
Another puzzle solved.
Another load of ink dissolves over you
If Cupid had a que to catch me
Whenever YOU came along into my mind
Then who really ever knew of all those times...
When the lights dimmed low as the Moon glows
Change in flow, as these uncontrollable 'vessels' begin to grow
You found a new man so did all your love start to erode?
Or should I wait for a sign...
I'll be good for due time
Is your grass greener? Does his words make you wet?
Or is that dew? Cause I'm do to increase your tides, Moon Light
Stevens Cadet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Nobody Told Me Of These Nights; The Girl That Got Away (A Poem For Melanie) by Stevens Cadet )
- Actions follow one another, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Chini Kwa Chini, michael walkerjohn
- The Nature's Paradise, Eshan Gupta
- Welcome celebration, hasmukh amathalal
- Flow with time, hasmukh amathalal
- five hundred and whatever..., Mandolyn ...
- Copyrights, Mark Heathcote
- Freedom Not Permitted, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feel bad, hasmukh amathalal
- Why Do You Want to Destroy?, Mantu Mahakul
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)