I sang a song upon Christmas day
And the feet of many going one way,
The word the golden voice did say:
Gloria in Excelsis!
The air was filled with snowflakes white,
And the singing stars danced in their flight,
Sweet the song they sang in the night,
Et in terra pax!
Good singing folk, where is there peace,
And for the broken heart heartsease?
They chant: Come hither upon your knees,
Venite ad Bethlehem!
For now the Prince of Peace is born;
For the full heart and the heart forlorn
He signs His Peace upon Christmas Morn:
Katharine Tynan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Noel by Katharine Tynan )
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Quick-Sand, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- this day, sheade rudman
- Love Always, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Smile Not For All, Savita Tyagi
- Life with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love for OLUEBUBE, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Broken Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My mattress, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)