Not ready to yell
I have this friend of mine.
Who is obsessed with animé
Who can only express anger
When shugo chara is gay
So I decided to teach her.
What anger was about.
So that if Ikuto came back
She'd still know how to pout
But after failure and failure.
I couldn't get her to scream
Turns out anger
Is harder than it seems
'Ikuto sucks! '
I yelled to try and get her mad.
Which earned a proud glare
But left me feeling sad.
Anger wasn't her forté
So it clearly showed
why bother trying to change her
when her smile always glowed
There wasn't any point
To make her mad as hell.
When this rambunxious weird girl.
Was not quite ready to yell.
Silence Dogood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not ready to yell by Silence Dogood )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- How I Once Spent a Friday Afternoon, M.J. Lemon
- Every dog's ordeal, Lubinda Lubinda
- An Ethereal Bloom, Margaret Alice Second
- surrealist day, lee fones
- Gnarled Syllogism, Paul Hartal
- God Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Further, Michael P. McParland
- Fulfillment, Michael P. McParland
- Frustration, Michael P. McParland
- Psycho Babble Scribble Squabble And Scra.., Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)