Not So Different
I remember from what you have said.
It lingers through my mind
takeing every step slowly.
Before I step down with all my body pressure
among this soft ground.
Each and everyone of my steps
leaves a mark here.
Should it be feared?
I am afraid not.
If I walked on a beach;
Would my mark be there tomorrow?
I'm washed away like some sort of dollar.
In the sand burried amoung the rest of these bones and treasures.
My body pressured with these life stresses
trying to crawl out from being burried alive.
Yet, I remember...
Do these riches make you happy young man?
Kevin Webster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Not So Different by Kevin Webster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Between War And Freedom, Edward Kofi Louis
- For the first time, Joni Lenhart
- Slowly-so-Slowly,, Aftab Alam
- Her Spirit Sings for Him, Maia Padua
- I Am Cast To The Sky, Richard Provencher
- Sweet Victory, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gorgon With Hair Threatening, Margaret Alice Second
- Sober Song, Barton Sutter
- I Love Your Crazy Bones, Barton Sutter
- The Washing Machine, Abhinit Chute (abz)