Not Youth Pertains To Me
NOT youth pertains to me,
Nor delicatesse--I cannot beguile the time with talk;
Awkward in the parlor, neither a dancer nor elegant;
In the learn'd coterie sitting constrain'd and still--for learning.
inures not to me;
Beauty, knowledge, inure not to me--yet there are two or three things
inure to me;
I have nourish'd the wounded, and sooth'd many a dying soldier,
And at intervals, waiting, or in the midst of camp,
Composed these songs.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Not Youth Pertains To Me by Walt Whitman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- woman, SALINI NAIR
- Everywhere but nowhere, SALINI NAIR
- Leopard, gajanan mishra
- Everybody will smile in peace! ! !, Amitava Sur
- Pursuit Of Wealth Riches Reaches Pinnacl.., Terence G. Craddock
- Flesh Corrupted Pharaoh Youth Dreams, Terence G. Craddock
- The Stench of War, Sunshine Rose
- I shudder, Aftab Alam
- Fight On, Maurice Harris
- LEARNING about the toxicity of your fart.., RIC S. BASTASA