When you look at a rose do you see only a seed, or how red and deep it looks
how it makes your heart think of passions like no other can?
What a rose, giving you that look
a kiss of breath to thoughts that once were bear.
A sent so sweet you can taste it's beauty on the tip of your tongue
lashing out at your ever growing passion.
To see such a beauty breathing it's passions still
as life lurks and leaps within it's casing a heart to bear all.
A rose dipped in rust bleeds from it's thorny veins
leaves nothing but empty thoughts
and in vein you kiss it still
trying to keep what has already been lost.
This rose has died many times over
not even a thousand years can bring back it's passion.
It lays in it's on dust trying to pick up it's ash's
but in vein because nothing remains.
Amanda Shelton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Nothing remains by Amanda Shelton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Whispers, Mihaela Pirjol
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey