Don’t be fail about my glare,
or my dead on stair.
Be kind to me I don’t mean to be a nuisance
I’m not trying to be rude but I can’t help it you have something there.
Respect me for my honesty I will tell you no lei.
It is what it is with a glint in my eye.
My honesty stands tall and strong
without a falter or tumble.
You should like me for my honesty,
Because I will tell no lies.
This will go no where if you are not honest with me.
I give so much and take so little.
My honesty is all I have.
So like me for my honesty and I will like you for yours.
My honesty goes so far I can’t see it anymore.
Amanda Shelton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My honesty by Amanda Shelton )
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley