Don’t be fail about my glare,
or my dead on stair.
Be kind to me I don’t mean to be a nuisance
I’m not trying to be rude but I can’t help it you have something there.
Respect me for my honesty I will tell you no lei.
It is what it is with a glint in my eye.
My honesty stands tall and strong
without a falter or tumble.
You should like me for my honesty,
Because I will tell no lies.
This will go no where if you are not honest with me.
I give so much and take so little.
My honesty is all I have.
So like me for my honesty and I will like you for yours.
My honesty goes so far I can’t see it anymore.
Amanda Shelton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My honesty by Amanda Shelton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna
- two green tomatoes smashed in the street.., Mandolyn ...
- Your Home., Kala Cain
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola