Nothing's Wrong aka Storms Will Come
There once was a battlefield where all was silent.
From foxholes and ditches rose the heads of men defiant.
The weathered general looked around, looked hard, looked long.
Said to his men, There's nothing wrong except there's nothing wrong.
Not long after, they found themselves pinned down,
Surrounded by the enemy. The enemy all around.
There's nothing wrong except there's nothing wrong.
Does everything look bright? Keep sharp, stay strong.
Cause storms will come, right when nothing's wrong.
It has been said that when things are bad, look up,
Cause things are sure to brighten up.
But when things are looking good, brace yourself.
Lest you start running when the rain pelts.
Friendships may be strong and good, but when the storm comes.
Then you find out what they're made of, what they become.
Watch what you promise, what you do, what you say.
Because storms will come and test you, one day.
When living on a mountain, on an endless high.
Look out, cause the fall is hard when you're up in the sky.
Those promises you make when feeling on top of it all,
Are only as good as you can deliver when you feel small.
True people aren't rated by how they're seen.
They're rated by the storms in which they've been.
The greatest tree can fall down in a storm,
Even though it was big and majestic, it's gone.
Will you hold when the fire burns?
When the cold numbs?
Will you fight on, in the thunder and hail?
Will you go on, and refuse to fail?
Will you hold true to your word?
Or are you the coward that runs before the sword?
Batten down the hatches. Remember what has been said and done.
Because storms will come....
joses tirtabudi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Nothing's Wrong aka Storms Will Come by joses tirtabudi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- I am Hades Sweet Persephone, Tiger Auntunette
- Wisdom And Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child Slaughter, douglas scotney
- A slave to situation,, Aftab Alam
- Arctic Hero?, Denis Martindale
- The fate, gajanan mishra
- Five Cherry Blossoms To Despair., Martin Engstrom
- Depths Of Truth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You are not allowed to walk, gajanan mishra
- If you want success, gajanan mishra