notification of the death of alberto
cousin lauro need not complain
i am tired of his myriad pretenses
this time he says he does not know the address
neither the time of the funeral,
baloney, i sent him the notice two days ago
when he said he was in Tacloban attending
to a business meeting, urgent as it was,
now his baby is sick
but alberto's funeral pushes through
in the rain, black umbrellas open
lauro is not here again
perhaps, he is dead, somehow, we wish
for his uncalled for
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
- ' a discourse on pleasure '
- ' the last dance of your life '
- ' the truth about his place '
- ' What is life? Let us talk about it '
- Why do people keep saying, I'm sorry,...
- to the light
- Watashi wa wakarimasen.
- С о в е р ...
- ق ا س ي ا ...
- 太 阳 把 它 ...
- 洗 腦 (xǐ nă o, li...
- İnside The Arms of The House
- Σ τ α λ α γ...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.