Now Winter Nights Enlarge
Now winter nights enlarge
This number of their hours;
And clouds their storms discharge
Upon the airy towers.
Let now the chimneys blaze
And cups o'erflow with wine,
Let well-tuned words amaze
With harmony divine.
Now yellow waxen lights
Shall wait on honey love
While youthful revels, masques, and courtly sights
Sleep's leaden spells remove.
This time doth well dispense
With lovers' long discourse;
Much speech hath some defense,
Though beauty no remorse.
All do not all things well:
Some measures comely tread,
Some knotted riddles tell,
Some poems smoothly read.
The summer hath his joys,
And winter his delights;
Though love and all his pleasures are but toys
They shorten tedious nights.
Thomas Campion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Now Winter Nights Enlarge by Thomas Campion )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Gathering Rosebuds, Doyen Lingua
- My Stallion, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- Hooker Nadine Gordimer, Richard Thripp
- swallow, mina lotfi
- hey ass-wipe, i love you, Mandolyn ...
- The Mystery Of Word, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Men who see no day, Zimba Sundrogo