Glen Martin Fitch
Once bride and groom were bound.
Each marriage planned at birth.
Of course divorce was not a choice.
has finally found a voice.
Now gender, past or race
walk hand in hand.
Today it seems the vogue
to find a friend with benefits,
get pleasure without grief,
Keep busy at our tasks,
and snatch relief
and hope we won't feel lonely
at the end.
But aren't we also yearning
To find a special one?
Feel special too?
Share private jokes
and rituals to do that strengthen love
and foster trust, respect?
We all crave freedom,
peace, some time apart
and yet we need those strings
to bind our heart.
Glen Martin Fitch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (NSA by Glen Martin Fitch )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unravelling / Shock, Nathaniel Tarn
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall