The moment the world stopped to notice me
it's when emotionless I became to be.
It began with the mask I used to where
to show them all I couldn't be hurted and I didn't care.
Reckless oh so careless I became
and brought so many feelings in my heart to shame.
Too late I noticed there was a price to pay
not only my sad emotions went away.
I made up all those lies
to become a man that feels nothing inside.
This numbness doesn't feel right
I have to deal with it day and night.
I do neither smile nor weep
cause my numbness runs too deep.
Now there's only doubt
where I used to cry and shout.
And now I don't pretend to be someone else but me
I just pretend I'm someone that feels so there's something I can be.
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Numb.. by Rick Adriolo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 52!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Between War And Freedom, Edward Kofi Louis
- For the first time, Joni Lenhart
- Slowly-so-Slowly,, Aftab Alam
- Her Spirit Sings for Him, Maia Padua
- I Am Cast To The Sky, Richard Provencher
- Sweet Victory, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gorgon With Hair Threatening, Margaret Alice Second
- Sober Song, Barton Sutter
- I Love Your Crazy Bones, Barton Sutter