The moment the world stopped to notice me
it's when emotionless I became to be.
It began with the mask I used to where
to show them all I couldn't be hurted and I didn't care.
Reckless oh so careless I became
and brought so many feelings in my heart to shame.
Too late I noticed there was a price to pay
not only my sad emotions went away.
I made up all those lies
to become a man that feels nothing inside.
This numbness doesn't feel right
I have to deal with it day and night.
I do neither smile nor weep
cause my numbness runs too deep.
Now there's only doubt
where I used to cry and shout.
And now I don't pretend to be someone else but me
I just pretend I'm someone that feels so there's something I can be.
Rick Adriolo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Numb.. by Rick Adriolo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn